Sunday, January 11, 2015

How to Edit Office Files in Google Drive from Shake Up Learning



How to Edit Office Files in Google Drive


It's no secret that I like Google Chrome and all that goes with it.  However there are sometimes when I wished that I could work with  Office files as easily as GAFE tools.  Well, thanks to the new Google Drive and a little bitty extension, you can.  It has actually been around awhile but being a chronic user I have not had a need until recently.  I was reminded of this extension from one of my favorite edtech bloggers at ShakeUpLearning.
 ShakeUpLearning
ShakeUpLearning.com








Long story short, as described in ShakeUpLearning, you will be to have a few conditions met to make it work its magic.









You must

1.  Be in Chrome.

2.  Have the Chrome extension, Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides.  Get yours free from the Chrome Web Store or just click here for a shortcut.

3.  Once you are in Chrome and have installed the extension just click the file and it will stay in the Office format unless you ask it to save as a Google format.



Happy editing.



No comments:

Post a Comment